Our tour planners have assembled a comprehensive list of travel resources to aid your student groups before, during and after their trip.
Informational Travel Links:
Transportation Security Administration
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletins and Alerts
International Travel Tips:
- For all international groups traveling by airplane, passports are required and must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion date of travel. A copy of your passport must be submitted to Hemisphere 60 days prior to tour departure.
- For student groups traveling to Canada by land (bus or train) - Students 18 years and under will be exempt from the passport requirements. Students 18 years and under will be required only to have an original or certified birth certificate, or a passport. Adults traveling to and from Canada by land (bus and train) will need proof of identity and citizenship in the form of a passport. For student groups entering the U.S. from Canada by land (bus or train) – Students 18 years and under need only present a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. The birth certificate can be original, photocopy, or certified copy. Adults traveling to and from Canada by land (bus and train) will need proof of identity and citizenship in the form of a passport.
- Each traveler assumes full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination or other entry requirements of your destination(s).
- Traveling with children as a guardian: If you are traveling as the guardian/chaperone of a child/children, we strongly suggest that you carry a letter from both parents of the child authorizing emergency treatment in the event of an accident or illness.
- Citizens of other countries: If you are a citizen of another country, you must check with the consulate or embassy of the countries you are visiting on this tour to determine the entry and exit requirements.
- Hemisphere Educational Travel is not responsible for the costs of disruption of travel caused by refusal of entry and/or improper documentation for any participant, including children traveling without both parents. Please consult www.travel.state.gov for further questions or information.
To receive real time flight status and the most current airline information, please visit the airlines’ website links below or call your airline directly.