Financial resources are often cited as the greatest barrier for students who want to participate in educational travel. That’s why student travel and fundraising go hand-in-hand. A successful fundraising campaign is an opportunity to tip the scales in the favor of those who would otherwise be unable to afford such an experience.
Many schools, students and organizations for decades have successfully raised hundreds of dollars in order to fund their student group tour. Here are some useful ideas and resources for fundraising that we’ve collected over the years.
Give the Gift of Travel Letter Templates
- Gift of Travel - Chicago, IL
- Gift of Travel - New York City
- Gift of Travel - Springfield, IL
- Gift of Travel - Washington, DC
- Gift of Travel - Other
*Hemisphere is not affiliated with any of the companies listed nor are we responsible for any of their actions. We suggest you contact each company directly to determine if they are a proper fit for your group.
Fundraising Tips and Tricks
- Contact local businesses (including large corporations) for sponsorship opportunities or donations. Company's can use this as a tax write-off. Some schools have sold sponsorship opportunities onto the t-shirts that they wear on tour.
- Students should contact their relatives and ask that all holiday presents be given as cash or check to help pay for their trip. Relatives can also log in to student’s online account to make a direct payment with a credit card or give relatives your Tour Account Number and our mailing address to directly mail in a payment.
- Many students have made extra money by mowing lawns, shoveling driveways or doing any other type of work that can help raise money.
- Utilize social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to network with other teachers and peers for fundraising ideas, useful information and successful plans.
- As a reminder to group leaders, Hemisphere will accept bulk fundraising checks and apply it to individual's accounts. We ask that you provide us a list of each participant's name and the amount that should be applied to their account. Fundraising must be received 2 weeks prior to your final payment date in order to be allocated to each person’s account.