Class trips with a STEM focus just got even more fun! Hemisphere has introduced some new STEM itineraries for student groups looking to experience some awesome science, technology, engineering and math adventures! See below for some examples of just what kind of educational journeys students can embark on.
In addition to a guided tour of San Francisco—including stops in Union Square, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Fisherman’s Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Twin Peaks and China Town—students can visit several STEM-centric sites.
- Intel Museum: A behind the scenes look at the high-tech world of California’s famed Silicon Valley.
- Computer History Museum: Over 1,100 artifacts that tell the story of computing from ancient abacus to the dawn of the tablet computing era.
- Google Headquarters: A stop for a picture in front of one of many Google signs.
- NASA Ames Research Center: A self-guided tour of various space suits, personal rovers available to be driven, panoramic views or Mars and Saturn’s rings and more.
- Marine Mammal Center – Marine Science Careers Tour: Learn about the different jobs at the center that are required to rescue, rehabilitate, release, research and educate the public about marine animals.
Vancouver to Los Angeles
From Vancouver and Seattle to Silicon Valley and Los Angeles, students will certainly find themselves busy learning all things STEM on this expansive journey.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park: Appreciate nature from three breathtaking perspectives—the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Treetops Adventure and the exciting new Cliffwalk; a perfect opportunity for teachers to talk about the engineering aspect of how these structures function!
- Wings Over Washington: A Flying Ride: An aerial adventure above Washington state through a state-of-the-art “flying theater” using 5K cameras, innovative art laser projection and more.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center: An interactive journey that brings to life the connections students share with others across the world.
- Museum of Pop Culture: Interactive exhibits that highlight the nation’s musical culture and history along with the development and effects of technology, the craft of making music and more.
- Future of Flight Aviation Center, Boeing Tour: Boeing staff will guide students through the factory while providing insights into the tools, careers and processes that affect the construction of Boeing aircrafts.
- Tech Museum of Innovation: Offers students hands-on, interactive experiences in genetics, earth sciences, alternative energy, virtual design, microchips—among others.
- Googleplex Photo Stop: Explore the public areas of Googleplex.
- Drive by Facebook Headquarters: The new Facebook headquarters is a sight to be seen—a cross between high-art, 21st century corporate thinking and a chil’d candy-fueled daydream.
- California Academy of Sciences: A place that brings together a natural history museum, an aquarium, a planetarium and a 4-story rainforest all under one living roof.
Learn more and start planning your student’s next STEM adventure now!
Courtesy of Hemisphere Educational Travel.
Photo courtesy of Australian Educational Travel Company.